Q: 2007 bmw 335i code for ignition control module. Trying to figure out which part to get to replace

asked by on September 05, 2017

Battery drained, died and locked steering. I had the car jumped a couple of times before replacing battery. Replaced battery and car won't start. I had it read with a computer and it is throwing code for a ignition control module. Trying to figure out what part I need to replace and fix.

The code related to the ignition module suggests that either the ignition module itself is bad or the connections to it are not good resulting in erratic ignition timing and potentially misfires. In some cases, depending on how the ignition module is failing, this may also cause the car to not start as you describe. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect the vehicle.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr