Q: I want to know the location of the catalyst in the engine

asked by on December 21, 2016

The car is not fulling and asselerating well. So we want to know the reason why is engine doing this fult

Loss of power Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle has a catalytic converter located in the exhaust system. It is located near the rear end under the vehicle. It is a oval portion of the pipe between the engine and the muffler. If the catalyst has failed, the vehicle would loose power and feel weak. There are several other factors and components that can cause this as well. If you are interested in perusing the other options, you will want to look at the spark plugs, the spark plug wires, the fuel pressure, and possibly have the vehicle scanned for diagnostic troubleshooting codes. All of these tests can be done relatively easily with only a few of the right tools. For more help with this loss of power, contact our service department.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr