Q: Problems syncing my iPod to my car.

asked by on December 17, 2015

I am unable to sync my iPod to my car. I had the same problem fixed over the summer so I am not sure why it is happening again. How do I sync my iPod to my car correctly?

I have personally had this issue with my own car, so I know how frustrating this can be. First let us look at the different ways we can sync an iPod to a Ford Focus. The first and easiest method is ensuring that you are using a genuine Apple USB cable to connect the iPod to the car. Once this is obtained, simply plug the cable into both the iPod and the USB port under the radio of your Focus, and it should then sync automatically. Another way of syncing an iPod to a Focus is by connecting the device through the bluetooth option, however that is if your Ford Focus is equipped with bluetooth. To do so, go into the bluetooth settings on the radio and select add device. The radio should display a 6 digit code for you to enter on your iPod. Now turn the bluetooth on your ipod and allow it to search for your vehicle. When you see MySync appear on your iPod, select and enter the 6 digit code provided by the car stereo. This will then allow your iPod to sync with your stereo. If your iPod is still unable to connect, another option would involve performing a factory reset on your iPod, reloading your media and attempting to sync the iPod with your car again. Often times software updates provided by Apple can stop the communication between the car and iPod, so doing a reset to the previous version of your iPod can help.