Q: Diagnostic test reveals PO346 Camshaft position sensor

How can i rule out the timing issue as i know that it will run into more money that i want to spend on the car; if it is the Camshaft pposition sensors then i will proceed to fix that problem; don't think the car is worth pulling out the engine to get to the timing chain as everyone has recommended i do; yes it is sweeter to do a big job than a small job. any suggestions or advice. thanks you, Bert sierra

P0346 refers to the cam position sensor circuit-performance. That means the ECU is not seeing a sensor signal. This is most likely a bad sensor, or the electrical connection or wiring between the ECU and the sensor. The codes that indicate a problem in the timing would range from P0016-P0025. So go ahead and check the wiring and the sensor itself. I don’t think you’ll have to tear the engine down on this one. If you want some professional help, you can contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come to your home or office to check out your car and let you know what it will take to solve your problem.