Q: Diagnostic test reveals PO346 Camshaft position sensor

How can i rule out the timing issue as i know that it will run into more money that i want to spend on the car; if it is the Camshaft pposition sensors then i will proceed to fix that problem; don't think the car is worth pulling out the engine to get to the timing chain as everyone has recommended i do; yes it is sweeter to do a big job than a small job. any suggestions or advice. thanks you, Bert sierra

P0346 refers to the cam position sensor circuit-performance. That means the ECU is not seeing a sensor signal. This is most likely a bad sensor, or the electrical connection or wiring between the ECU and the sensor. The codes that indicate a problem in the timing would range from P0016-P0025. So go ahead and check the wiring and the sensor itself. I don’t think you’ll have to tear the engine down on this one. If you want some professional help, you can contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come to your home or office to check out your car and let you know what it will take to solve your problem.

3. Diagnostic test reveals PO346 Camshaft position sensor