Q: Brake light issue

The brake lights are not working when the pedal is depressed, however the spoiler (or third brake light) is working. The lights work when activated by the hazard button. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I would suggest checking first to see if the bulbs need to be replaced. Secondly, check the contacts in the rear tail light sockets. There should be two contacts, one for tail light and one for the brake light. Test each of these to be sure each one has 12 volts going to them. Next, check to be sure the brake light switch is not faulty as this is often times a common issue. Lastly, check the fuse for the brake lights in the fuse box up near the driver’s side under the dash. If any of these are above your skill level, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your brake light issue and make any necessary repairs.