Q: Fuel pump start working and makes noise with the engine switched off

asked by on December 04, 2016

The car in locked and switch off and when i get closed to it i hear a noise coming from the back were the fuel pump is. Then i open the door and o can hear a noise coming under the steering whel is were the relays are

Hi there:

Every time you turn on the ignition of your car, you activate the fuel pump relay. This device sends an electric current to the fuel pump. Upon receiving this current, the fuel pump sends gasoline to the engine and the car starts running. While the fuel pump is active as long as the car engine is running, the fuel pump relay works only at startup and when you turn off the ignition. However, if there is damage to the relay, it will run constantly; as you’re question indicates. You should contact a professional mechanic to replace your fuel pump relay as soon as possible before further damage occurs.