Q: How do I check the transmission fluid on my 2004 Lincoln Aviator?

asked by on June 26, 2017

How do I check the transmission on my 2004 Lincoln Aviator when I don't see a dipstick under the hood?

Hi there. For some reason, Ford and other manufacturers have developed an unbelievably complex process for checking transmission fluid. You are correct in the fact that there is no longer a "dip stick". To check transmission fluid, it’s pretty much required to have a professional mechanic with a hydraulic lift check the fluids from underneath the vehicle. This video, although for a Ford Explorer, is how this is completed. There are a series of transmission sensors that will light up when transmission fluid is low or in need of replacement.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr