Q: Brake lights don't work and the shift interlock if torn apart and damaged

Someone had my car and it would not get out of park so they took the center console out and ripped apart the shift lock device to get the piece from blocking the shifter from moving after that the brake lights don't work any more can you help me please

It is possible that the brake light switch is malfunctioning. I would recommend having your vehicle inspected by a qualified professional to determine the exact cause of this issue. Many times the shifter lock will release when the brake pedal is applied so the brakes and the shift lock are related because of the brake light switch.

3. Brake lights don't work and the shift interlock if torn apart and damaged