Q: #4 spark plug blew out ( threads are now stripped ) and oil is blowing out the hole. Are the rings blown out ?

Since oil is blowing out of spark plug hole. Do the piston rings need to be changed or do I rethread the spark plug and put a help-coil in it. Thank you

Motor oil can enter the combustion chamber through the valve guides, particularly if the valve stem oil seals are leaking, as well as past the rings. If there is a lot of oil, that would indicate a serious problem but take a look at the spark plug to see if it is fouled. If the plug isn’t fouled then there might not be as much oil as you think and you can attempt to repair the threads and see how the engine runs. Prior to fixing the threads, you can do a compression test on that cylinder, as well as the others, to determine if cylinder compression is normal. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a no start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. #4 spark plug blew out ( threads are now stripped ) and oil is blowing out the hole. Are the rings blown out ?