Q: Leaking coolant and white smoke from radiator cap

asked by on June 20, 2017

Hello i drive a 2003 Civic.

I notice after about 5-10 minutes of driving white smoke coming from the radiator cap.

I also notice that i am losing coolant as it sprays out from the radiator cap.

Would changing the radiator cap be worth a shot or is it something more serious like a blown head gasket?

Thank you

Clear fluid is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. A blown head gasket is typically the result of an overheating situation, not the cause. So, if your engine has been overheating recently, it’s possible that engine damage has occurred. However, it is more likely that the radiator cap itself is damaged or not sealing correctly. However, if you’re losing coolant, it might be best to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete a fluid leaking inspection to verify the source of this issue, so the right repairs will be made.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr