Q: Truck won't turn over

So a few days ago I recently bought a used new truck from a dealership in town, a 2007 Chevy Avalanche. He said everything works, they rechecked. But the next morning when I went to go start it, it wouldn't turn over it just clicked (plus the weather has been below 0 but that shouldn't be the issue) so we jump start it, it worked fine.. then this morning I tried again but it wouldn't turn over, we tried to jump start it but it still would not turn over so I got back from work around 2pm and we tried again, it still won't turn over.. I took it to get a free engine check but the starter and everything passed, what could be the problem ?

The battery should be load tested by a professional. Load testing can only be reliably performed on a fully charged battery. If the battery passes a load test be sure it is NOT a marginal pass in which case you should install a new battery to reduce diagnostic headaches. Batteries are a VERY important component in a car’s electrical system. Once you have a fully functioning battery, if the starting system still does not function, there are actually only a relatively limited number of causes. Broadly, either the starter motor/solenoid assembly is faulty or the electrical circuit supplying the motor has a fault. That circuit begins at the battery and includes grounds, wiring (some of which is very heavy cabling), fuses, relays, the ignition switch and terminations. Basically, the starter is either getting power or it isn’t. If the starter motor is getting power but it doesn’t work, the starter is condemned and replaced. Alternatively, if there is no power to the starter, then the circuit is traced until the fault in the circuit is found. Notably, faults can include high resistances, due to corrosion, wire strand breaks, or loose terminals, which can only be diagnosed using a voltage drop test. If you desire that a certified mechanic resolve this promptly, please simply request a no start diagnostic and the responding mechanic will get it diagnosed and repaired for you. Please let us know if you have further concerns or questions as we are always here to help you.