Q: 2005 Nissan Pathfinder won't accelerate

The car won't accelerate when I step on the gas. It seems like the transmission is not working right.

While there can be a few reasons as to why your Nissan Pathfinder is giving these accelerate problems, from my experience the first place I would start investigating is the throttle body. The throttle body in your Pathfinder is electronically actuated so that when you push down on the gas pedal to accelerate, an electronic signal is sent telling the throttle body how much it needs to open for airflow to the engine. It is not uncommon for the throttle body or the throttle body sensors that are built into it, to become faulty and fail over time. Typically when these components start to fail, you will notice a Check Engine Light appear on the dashboard, associated with the failure. In this particular situation I would highly recommend having a certified mechanic inspect your Nissan’s throttle body and diagnose the cause of your acceleration issue.