Q: car cranks but doesn't start

car doesn't start just cranks, no spark, changed coil,plugs, rotor. started up but later on had same problem just cranks.

A: This engine will most likely have the old s...

This engine will most likely have the old style ignition points and condenser. This type of ignition needs to be replaced every year or 12,000 miles or you will end up having no starts, hard starts or the engine may misfire or just not run very good. I would recommend replacing the ignition points and condenser inside the distributor. Your engine will also have a carburetor that should be checked to make sure it is sending fuel to the engine once the points and condenser have been changed. The carburetor can be checked to see if it is giving fuel by removing the air cleaner and looking into the carburetor and moving the throttle to see if accelerator pump squirts fuel in to the engine.