Q: I took my car to a shop to fix my thermostat and water pump, now my car won't accelerate fast past 3000 rpm ? 2012 Dodge Charger

My car takes longer to start and it makes a noise and sqealing noise then starts and my car isn't as fast as it used to be when I'm in park it doesn't rev the same it sounds like a V6 engine. While I'm driving if I put it in sport mode it won't speed up fast past 3000rpm it's like the transmissions is miss hitting on gears.

Hi - your symptoms suggest a problem with the throttle position sensor. This component is falsely limiting throttle position and power demand to the engine computer. I recommend a loss of power inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. I took my car to a shop to fix my thermostat and water pump, now my car won't accelerate fast past 3000 rpm ? 2012 Dodge Charger