Q: Service Engine Soon light on

asked by on December 15, 2016

My service engine soon light is on and I need to find out the problem so I can get it inspected. There are no problems going on...it starts runs and drives fine. Maybe oxygen or other sensor? Gas cap seems fine. Thank you

Your check engine light being on is an indication the computer has seen a problem in its systems and set a code. the code will need to be retrieved with a scanner and then a pinpoint test done to find the cause of the code. You may have O2 sensor codes or evaporative emission leak codes. The code will need to be retrieved first. Have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come and do the tests for you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr