Q: I have a 2003 Silverado 4.3 v6.. Its gushing oil from around the oil filter. I've used 2 different brand filters and checked the t

Oil is gushing from the oil filter. I've changed the filter twice using two different brands, I've checked the o rings and the threading. Everything seems to be fine until I crank the motor then oil gushes from the filter.what can be the problem?

You need to make sure you are using the correct filter and remove filter and make sure the old gasket from the old filter is not still stuck to the filter sealing surface. This is most common reason for filter to leak.

3. I have a 2003 Silverado 4.3 v6.. Its gushing oil from around the oil filter. I've used 2 different brand filters and checked the t