Can i do a 370z engine/manual tranmission swap to a nissa...

Q: Can i do a 370z engine/manual tranmission swap to a nissan altima s 2008 sedan

asked by on July 28, 2017

I just want add a 370z nismo motor and manual tranmission to my 2008 altima s sedan i want to know if i could and what do i need to do if so

The 370z engine is a 3.7L V6 (Type VQ37VHR). It uses a completely different engine computer and consequently, you would have to carry over the entire electrical system from the 370z to the Altima. The suspension and alignment of the Altima would have to be modified as well, due to the difference in weight. Many other modifications would have to be implemented to get the new set up to work. Please note that replacement engines for your current Altima engine are readily available. If you are interested in an engine replacement (OEM to OEM), YourMechanic professionals in certain locales can assist with that. Please simply inquire based on your locale. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.