Q: My key will not go into the ignition. When i look into the hole something is blocking it. Is there a cheap fix?

My key will not go into the ignition. It can only go about a inch in because something is blocking it. The steering wheel is locked as well.

The ignition lock tumblers have fallen down and blocked the key. You can try and get a small thin pick or similar device and try and push the tumbler back up in place and put the key in. If you cannot get it pushed up then the lock cylinder will need replaced. If you want to have this looked at before making the replacement, a mobile technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the ignition to see what should be done.

• My key will not go into the ignition. When i look into the hole something is blocking it. Is there a cheap fix?