Q: Connect battery up to car, car then tries to start by its self without key in ignition. What can be problem

asked by on September 02, 2016

New engine replaced in car. Once battery is connect to try to start car, car then tries to crank on its own without key in ignition. Changed ignition switch still same problem. Had starter test starter had slow drag but still able to turn flywheel. Wires dont touch on start. No automatic start on system. Security system was also tested and tried also not problem. Do you have any other ideas to solve problem or what is the cause of the problem?

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Oldsmobile Aurora. A bad starter solenoid could make the starter run, but would not activate the ignition switch, so the engine could crank but not run on its own. I would recommend testing and/or replacing the starter solenoid. If you need assistance with fixing this issue, contact a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, to diagnose the starting issue firsthand and help you make the necessary repairs.