Q: My truck is shaking.

I ran out of gas. After i put gas in it and started it up, it now is shaking, like the engine almost feels like it will fall out. Its really bad when I'm idle or got my foot on the brake. It shakes as though its gonna run out of gas again...sort of like a put put feeling. I put a quart of oil in it but its still putting. Please help me!

Hello There, It sounds like you may have a faulty fuel pump that may have been damaged as a result of running it out of fuel. As you may know, today’s fuel pumps require the fuel to keep them cool and lubricated. When the motor is run dry out of fuel, this can cause the fuel pump to heat up in excess of what it should potentially causing damage to the pump by overheating it. As a result, depending on the extent of the damage you may experience issues related to maintaining proper fuel pressure and fuel flow. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your fuel system.

3. My truck is shaking.