Q: My 2000 VW Passat 1.8 turbo recently was flushed to try and clear up heater core, but now my coolant is running out quickly

So I recently refabricated my engine head and redid the gaskets which made my car run great, but after sitting my car got no heat which I could only trace back to having a bad heater core. We tried flushing the heater core with a garden hose and water from the house. This made heat come back momentarily while we high reved the car, so we topped of the coolant and drove the car again. After driving about 30 minutes I'm having to top off the coolant once again which I just basically thought maybe there was a bubble when we first filled it no big deal, but then again after 2 days, driving it maybe 30 mins to an hour a day I needed to top off the coolant again which makes me very worried as this could mean I have a hole in one of my many coolant tubes or a leak in the actual heater core itself. To potentially save me $1,200 I'd like a second opinion from an expert on just what I should try next.

Engine coolant can leak externally through a hose, radiator, water pump, etc. or internally due to a leaking head gasket and sometimes a leaking intake manifold gasket depending on the engine design. External leaks are typically found by simple pressure testing of the cooling system. To find the leak that exists in your case, and get the required repair estimated, please request an engine cooling system leak diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My 2000 VW Passat 1.8 turbo recently was flushed to try and clear up heater core, but now my coolant is running out quickly