Q: Why would my check engine light come on in my 2005 Honda Fit after it was serviced

asked by on February 07, 2017

I recently had my 05 Honda Fit serviced. They found out during that service that the air filter and spark plugs (all eight of them) needed to be replaced.

So they did. Now, my Check Engine Light has been on for a while. They said that it is normal and should disappear in a day. Should I be worried?

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. It is not normal for the check engine light to come on after being serviced. Either something was not installed correctly or one of the parts is wrong. It may also be something completely different. I usually start by scanning the computer for codes because the codes will give direction as to what is going on. If you want to have this checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the check engine light is on] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/check-engine-light-is-on-inspection