Q: I put a new alternator in my car yesterday it started up fine about the third time starting the car to starter relay just clicks w

asked by on October 13, 2016

Starter really clicks

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

A starter like any other mechanical and electrical part is subject to failing sometimes for no apparent reason. However, sometimes this is misdiagnosed as well and often times mistaken for something much more simple like a fuse or starter relay.

The starter relay is a small unit near the starter that directs power to the starter from the battery. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key.

I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your starting issue and determine the solution to get you back on the road.