Q: Mid-tire change, my car broke down on the jack and is currently sitting outside my apartment with the rim/etc on the ground

My name is Jose and I live in Los Angeles. I was driving this morning when I hit a pothole. It didn't sound bad but It quickly got worse like a low groaning , so I headed immediately home, which was like less than a mile away. It ended up sounding pretty bad but I got home quick. I learned that it was a flat tire and then started changing it. I had to use my roommates small standard jack and after I had hoisted it up and removed the tire, it broke. Now my car is sitting basically how you would picture it to look like right outside right now, and I just don't know what to do and would really appreciate any help!! really, you would be a godsend. Just any sort of general advice, would be great.

Your fastest option will be to request spare tire installation or flat fix. In the course of that, the brake rotor and any other parts that might have contacted the ground will be inspected for damage. If you attempt to fix this on your own, you need a low rise hydraulic jack to get the car back in the air, high enough to install the tire/wheel assembly, and of course use a jack stand while the car is on the hydraulic jack. Wheel lug nuts have to be tightened in sequence and with a torque wrench only. If the wheel is improperly installed, the brake rotor can be distorted and that will cause later problems with the brakes, notably vibration on braking. If you want this resolved by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request spare tire installation or flat fix and the responding certified mechanic will assist you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Mid-tire change, my car broke down on the jack and is currently sitting outside my apartment with the rim/etc on the ground