Q: Put new clutch&fuel pump in now gas gauge doesn't work&stick won't go in 1or2LooseStick'99mer.cougar.Why is that? Holly

asked by on October 06, 2017

Amatuer mechanic put new clutch kit and a new fuel pump . I've driven less than 25 miles since . Now my gas gauge doesn't work properly . Also , my stick shift won't go in 1 or 2 gear either. My stick seems to have a lot of play now. great engine was a good car. Car was sitting for about 2 years before getting the work done.I would like to understand what could have caused these issues.thankyou Holly.

It is very possible that the mechanic’s who did the work did not do it properly. I would recommend asking a mechanic who did the work to take a second look to ensure that their work was performed properly. The fuel gauge not working after fuel pump replacement is a common issue when replacing the fuel pump and properly. Same goes for the clutch.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr