Q: I feel a bit of hesitation when slowly rolling forward, but not when accelerating quickly.

When I roll off slowly, like when Im in traffic, my truck feels like its hesitating, but when I give it gas consistently on take off, it goes away fine. Any idea what the problem is, and how much it would cost?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle could be hesitating for several different reasons. The first thing to check would be the air intake system. This would include the air filter and air intake sensors. The sensors are best read with a scan tool, and they need to be compared to the vehicle’s specifications. The idle air control valve may also be limiting the function of the engine for a moment before the accelerator is being pressed. Pricing is going to completely depend on what the issue ends up being. Chances are you are going to have to pay a diagnostics fee to get someone to inspect the vehicle if it comes down to it. This will vary by technician and company. You can contact our service department for more information on what the charges would be for a hesitation diagnosis.

3. I feel a bit of hesitation when slowly rolling forward, but not when accelerating quickly.