Q: Stalling issues, error codes

asked by on June 03, 2016

I have occasional stalling issues while I'm driving. It would stall but I would be able to restart it after a few minutes or more sometimes. I had the alternator tested. I had the coils and spark plugs replaced. The car cranks fine so the starter is good. There are two error codes read: P0303 and P0442. How can I fix this? Thanks.

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. The P0442 error code is an evaporative emission control code and is an indication of a small leak being detected in the evaporative emission system. There are usually no visible symptoms of this error code, other than the check engine light being on and/or a the smell of fuel in the interior of the vehicle. The P0303 error code is a misfire code and is an indication that there is a misfire condition in cylinder 3. This error code may cause a stalling issue if the coils and spark plugs are faulty, or if the fuel injector has failed. It is also possible that there are other internal engine problems, like a bad lifter or an engine cylinder that is dead. It would be a good idea to have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, complete an inspection in order to determine why your car is stalling.