Q: What if the abs light comes on, but the car won't start?

asked by on December 24, 2016

My son was driving his 2003 Nissan Maxima when the abs light came on and car shut off and will not start back up

Service Battery/cables $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The first thing you should do is test the battery, or just go ahead and jump start it. Chances are the battery has simply died. If the vehicle starts, you will want to drive it and let it run for 15 minutes or so. This will give the vehicle time to charge the battery and run any tests it needs to. If this does not get the car running, the battery may have failed and you will want to have it tested. If the battery is fine, check the alternator next. The vehicle relies on the alternator to charge the battery and supply a majority of the electrical power to the vehicle while running. For more help with the battery and your vehicle’s starting issue, contact our service department.