Q: Squeaking and clicking when breaking.

When I drive I'm hearing a squeaking and it only gets faster as I get faster but when I hit the breaks the speaking gets a lot louder and makes a loud clicking noise as I come to a stop, I replaced my CV axle and wheel bearing today because when I would take a left turn it would make a terrible grinding sound. Not sher if that has anything to do with what is making the squeaking. And this is on the passenger side of the car

Hi there. It appears to me that you might have a pretty severe brake pad issue or stabilizer bar joint that is going bad. Typically the grinding noise when applying the brakes is a brake pad that has worn out and is digging into the rotor. However, this sound is also common with a bad stabilizer bar joint or bearings.

A good bet would be to check the brake pads (especially the inner pad) and rotor for proper alignment and wear. If the brakes are good, proceed to the stabilizer bar or struts as well. You might want to seek some additional help diagnosing this problem with the VW before you spend more money on parts, so contact one of our local ASE certified mechanics who can road test your VW Jetta and help you diagnose the squeaking problem.