Q: Squeaking noise when turning

There is a squeaking noise when I turn the wheels. It might be a bushing that needs replacing.

Hi, this is an accurate diagnosis, but impossible to say for sure without a hands on inspection. Typically the squeaking is caused my metal rubbing on metal as the suspension parts move around with each other. There is usually rubber to prevent the metal on metal contact, but over time the rubber dries out and eventually gets eaten away.

A certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, would be able to inspect your suspension and determine what needs to be replaced. This should be done soon as the rubber helps to dampen blows to the suspension and without it, you could damage your suspension further.

3. Squeaking noise when turning