Q: Fuel pump relay and fuse

I have a 1994 f150 straight 6 and my fuse for my fuel pump keeps blowing and so does my relay. I've tried replacing both of them and they blew about a week later again. Any help?

A: If the fuel pump and relay keep blowing, th...

If the fuel pump and relay keep blowing, then the most likely cause of this is the fuel pump drawing too many amps and needing to be replaced. The pump drawing too many amps can overheat the circuit and cause the relay and fuse to overheat and blow. Have the fuel pump replaced and check the fuel pump connector for any heat related damage and replace that if needed as well. You'll need to make sure the connector is in good shape or it can cause the overheating.