Q: Random misfire while accelerating on "Drive"

So I've recently been spending money on my 6th gen accord to narrow down my problem to one thing. And after thinking I might have a "heat soak" issue, I've started thinking "this has never happened when I got the car at 130k." I've replaced engine mounts that are vacuum assisted and that solved the misfiring and shutting off when hot problem. Then, I cleaned my throttle body, EGR, and Plenum (Intake manifold) and I feel a better difference as well, but still no cigar. So I come to realize that I could have overlooked the TPS. I start researching common issues that might lead to the TPS and sure enough there was verifiable info that a faulty TPS can cause these symptoms. I hope when I change my TPS, it actually terminates the problem. I love my 2000 accord and treat it with love and care since I am OCD when it comes to cars. That being said I am eager to solve this issue for good. The engine mounts are vaccuum assisted so if the are bad, they will bring in unwanted air into the line

A: Well it does sound like you have been tryin...

Well it does sound like you have been trying to tackle quite the misfire and driving issues on your Honda Accord. Taking such measures as cleaning your Honda's throttle body, the EGR and the intake manifold are great steps toward having an engine run better. However, before attempting to replace your throttle position sensor, it may be best to confirm if this part is failing or if the problem lies elsewhere. From the description provided, it is a little difficult to narrow this down to one particular issue. Worn out spark plugs and failing ignition coils can also produce a random misfiring while accelerating, which may be one of the symptoms you are experiencing. Personally I have experienced a failing automatic transmission give the same symptoms of a misfire. With a situation like this, it may be time to enlist the assistance of a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to come by and give you a hand with your Honda Accord. They will have the experience and tools needed to quickly diagnose your random misfire concern. They will also be able to assist you in making the necessary repairs so we can eliminate the misfire and get your beloved Accord driving smooth again.