Q: Truck cranks but won't start after switching led light bar switch.

I have 2 led light bars in the front and 1 in the back and 1 led spot light for each tire. My problem is that the back and front lights wouldn't turn on when I would flip the switch so I thought I needed a high amp switch so I bought a 30 amp switch, I changed it and a fuse blew out so when i went to take out fuse (truck running) the truck shut off on its own so i replaced the fuse with a new one but now truck just cranks but wont actually start...what could be the issue??

Hi there. Although we do not provide specific advice on mechanical issues due to aftermarket part accessory add-on’s, it is quite possible that the addition of the amp switch, it’s impacted the ignition system. I would start by verifying that your ground connection to the amp switch is solid and that it is installed in conjunction with Ford’s wiring specifics. You can contact a local dealer or search online to get a wiring diagram.

Check the wiring on the switch that you have installed. It is possible that the switch maybe connected to the main power supply to the ignition switch causing the main fuse to pop. Check all the fuses and make sure that the led lights switch is on its own circuit. If you need further assistance with your electrical system causing a no start condition, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Truck cranks but won't start after switching led light bar switch.