Q: My car makes a groaning sound whenever I turn left. What could be the cause?

Everytime my I turn left , especially when I'm going slow, my car groans, and it kind of shakes the steering wheel. The power of steering fluid was just topped off, and it is not hard to steer. Is it going he passenger tie rod

A: Go through the following steps to find the ...

Go through the following steps to find the cause of the issue with your car:

Groaning sounds in your car can indicate that the power steering pump is failing. Check the power steering fluid and see if it smells burnt. If that is the case, you will need to get the power steering pump replaced.

Take a look at your tie rod ends and see if the rubber boots are torn. If they are damaged or torn, you will need to get them replaced.

Next, take a look at the ball joints and see if they are torn as well. Take a look at the joints on both the sides of the vehicle so that you can determine if the right side has an issue as well. Get any damaged ball joints replaced.

If the rims on your car are too big, this problem may be caused by your tires rubbing on the wheel wells. This could also happen if you have had an accident on the left side. If that is the case, the control arms or steering components could have been bent by the impact. Check and see if you need to replace any of these components.

Following these steps can help you determine the cause of the groaning sound in your car and get it fixed. If the noise persists, get a certified professional, such as one from YourMechanic to inspect the steering system.