Q: When the ignition switch is left on ACC for a while, the car won't start

asked by on June 15, 2016

I often listen to the radio in my car, so I leave the ignition switch on ACC for up to 25 minutes. The issue is that after that, the car wouldn't start. Then I have to turn off the ignition switch and then try to start it. But if I try to start the car immediately after 15 minutes the ACC was on, the engine would start cranking but the car couldn't be turned on. I went to the dealership and they said there are no issues with the car. What is your opinion on this? Is there any way to fix this?

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

This is not an uncommon issue. Listening to the radio for 25 minutes with the car off is not a problem normally. But in this case, the most likely cause of this is either the ignition switch or the battery failing. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your starting issue and perform any repairs required.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr