Q: A/C problem

asked by on February 02, 2017

A few months ago the a/c stop working when U turn on the a/c it start throwing hot air not cold and I ask several people and they said something about the a/c valve if I fix the valve it will star throwing cold air. But sometime when I turn on the a/c it start throwing cold air but if the outside temperature is hot the a/c star throwing hot air. My car has a manual transmission.

There are innumerable things that can go wrong with the A/C system and so the best thing to do is request an air conditioning system inspection and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. The possibilities that might account for the problems you are experiencing range from a stuck heater control valve to a malfunctioning expansion valve, low state of charge, refrigerant leaks, faulty cooling fans on the condenser and so forth. The only way to pin it down is to get the system professionally inspected and diagnosed. Once diagnosed, the mechanic will be in a position to give you a repair strategy to get the A/C fully functioning and he or she will estimate the cost of the required repair. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.