Q: Struts or Compression Rods Maybe??? 2005 infiniti G35

Hello,

I've been trying to eliminate front suspension noises by replacing various suspension parts. So far, recently, I've replaced my lower ball joints, front stabilizer links and lower control arms.

I am still hearing a noise (crunching sound) when going up ramps while turning.

I also hear squeaking sounds when riding on uneven pavement.

I do not want to be a parts changer and end up with little to no change.

I have full access to a school shop with lifts and an alignment rack.

What are some areas where I may want to focus next?

How can I pinpoint where noise is coming from?

Thanks!!!

Hello - given your mileage, your front struts and strut bearing plates are most likely candidates for the suspension noises you describe. Colder weather will make turning noises louder (or "creakier"). Having a helper "rock" each side of the car while you listen under the hood in a quiet garage goes a long way to finding spurious noises. A can of silicon spray for squeaky rubber bushings is also a good tool when searching for the source of a noise. I recommend a steering and suspension inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Struts or Compression Rods Maybe??? 2005 infiniti G35