Q: Car battery dying quickly especially after longer driving

My car has gone 50,000 miles. It has problems with the battery dying very quickly. It happens after driving a longer distance. I took it to the dealer and he said I wasn't driving the car enough and that caused the battery to die, which is not true as I drive it and it died exactly after a significantly long driving. He also said that I should rev the battery up by keeping the car idling for about 15 minutes. The car battery was fine however, when I let the car sit for about 15 days. Do you have some suggestions? Thank you.

It sounds like the alternator is not charging the battery, when are you driving long distances. Running all the accessories and then shutting it off can cause the battery to be too weak to restart the car. If the alternator is intermittently not charging, then you may have other wiring issues or just an intermittent problem within the alternator. Have the charging system checked by a mechanic after driving it and not shutting it off, to see if the battery is being charged. You may also have a body control module issue with extended storage mode. The dealer can check this mode with the special scanner and checking the extended storage fuse is not installed.