Q: Brake dust salt wheels

I was wondering if switching to ceramic brakes instead of stock pads would be better for my car. I have a lot of dust on my 22” chrome wheels, and they are damaged from the dust. I also live close to the ocean and have salt on them from the sea air. Do you know how I could get the brake dust and salt off of my chrome wheels? Would ceramic brakes be better to have?

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2005 BMW 760Li. All brakes produce dust as they wear, but ceramic pads produce a lighter colored dust that is less noticeable and less likely to stick to the wheels. Generally, ceramic pads also perform better and last longer. The brake dust should easily come off your wheels with a good wheel cleaner and water. Research your options for the best brake pads and have a certified technician from YourMechanic replace them for you.

3. Brake dust salt wheels