Q: Reduce Engine Power Light is illuminated

The reduce engine light comes on at random sometimes it goes weeks before coming on again some days it's 8-10 times a day

A: This light comes on generally when there is...

This light comes on generally when there is a critical system failure or problem with the engine or transmission. The purpose of this light is to keep the driver safe and to prevent potential major damage to the engine or transmission. This will require downloading the trouble codes from the vehicle's computer to determine what is causing this. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose the warning light firsthand and help you make the right repair.