Q: excessive fuel consumption?

my car aveo manual 2006 total mileage 41 000 km it runs in long trip in high way 280 km per 20 liters but in city with short trips with many stops for check points 130 km per 20 liters my question my car normally working? or there is excessive fuel consumption? thanks

EPA ratings for this vehicle are stated in units of miles and gallons. The city driving rating for the vehicle is 22 MPG (miles per gallon). The highway driving rating is 32 MPG. Your experience is reported as 15 MPG city driving and 33 MPG highway driving. Your city MPG is about 30% less than the EPA rating of 22 MPG. Your highway driving experience appears acceptable. Inasmuch as your highway experience is normal, that raises the possibility that your city driving is, in practice, under much more severe conditions, that is includes much more time idling, hillier terrain, heavier vehicle passenger and luggage loads, and so forth than contemplated (or assumed as the baseline) in the EPA testing regime. If that is the case, then your experience could well be "normal". However, if your city driving "is not that bad", then you’ll want to check for worn spark plugs, dirty air filter, underinflated tires, dragging brakes, faulty oxygen sensors, leaking fuel injectors (overly rich mixture), engine timing faults and so forth. Of course, the suspicion is that because your highway MPG is actually good, these latter listed faults are not likely to exist because if they did they would negatively impact your highway MPG experience, too. The initial suspicion is that your city driving is under more severe conditions than contemplated in the EPA test but only you can determine that based on your first hand knowledge of how the car is driven. Please don’t hesitate to follow up if you have additional concerns.