Q: Steering column makes a clicking noise

The steering colum to my Kia makes a clicking noise when I turn the steering wheel left or right.

Hello there. There are many possible reasons that the steering wheel may be making this sound. Your vehicle has an intermediate shaft that goes from the steering wheel to the rack and pinion assembly. This shaft has a u-joint on it that, if bad, can cause a clunking sound when turning the wheel. It is also possible that the tie rods, ball joints, or wheel bearing in the front end of your vehicle have play. It is probably a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a steering wheel is making a noise inspection.

3. Steering column makes a clicking noise