Q: Id like to purchase a car but i want to know how much it would cost to get the timing belt fixed on the vehicle.

There is a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2.7l v6 for sale and the owner is trying to get rid of it, but the problem with the vehicle is that the timing belt is broken on it and the car doesn't run. My question is simply, is it worth it to get the timing belt fixed on the vehicle and if it is, then how much would it cost to get it fixed. id like to be ensured that once i fix this problem the car will run just fine. id like to purchase this vehicle soon. thank you
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hello. Unfortunately if the timing belt brakes it is not usually as simple as just installing a new one on this vehicle. Most of the time when the timing belt brakes on this engine the pistons will contact the valves bending them. This would require that the cylinder heads be removed and the head rebuilt so this would be quite an expense. It really then depends on how cheap you are getting the vehicle for.

• Id like to purchase a car but i want to know how much it would cost to get the timing belt fixed on the vehicle.