I have chevy cruze LS limitd 2016 old body style. My stab...

Q: I have chevy cruze LS limitd 2016 old body style. My stability control light just stays on. Which says service stabilitrack.

asked by on November 24, 2017

I have chevy cruze LS Limited 2016. My stability control light stays on and it has reduced my engine power. It says service stabilitytrack. Also my steering wheel service light stays on as well.

VSC, or Vehicle Stability Control, maximizes traction and help stabilize the vehicle during cornering if the car turns more or less than desired. VSC also assists you in maintaining traction while accelerating on loose or slippery road surfaces. The reason you are seeing the warning light continuously is there is a fault somewhere in the complex sensor system that makes the system work by regulating the engine’s output and selectively applying braking. There are wheel speed sensors, brake pressure modulators, interconnecting wiring and sensors, the control computer and so forth all of which are subject to malfunction. VSC is an essential vehicle safety system and consequently you should definitely have the fault in the system pinpointed and repaired by a professional. The recommended service to do that is a VSC/traction control system diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.