Q: engine swap 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser

I have a 2001 pt cruiser with the vin number B and want to know if i can swap that motor into a 2006 pt cruiser with the vin B.

Yes, the 2001 "B" engine can be bolted up to the 2006 vehicle ("B" engine code also). Caution - you should use the 2001 engine harness and engine controllers for engine management and diagnostic capability. If the 2006 had the turbocharged engine, it had a different transmission (41TE) than the 2001 (40TE). Extras work may be required to get smooth engine/transmission performance. Good luck with your swap!

3. engine swap 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser