Q: how much would a average tune up b for my Mercedes c280 2000

asked by on December 23, 2016

How much would it be for an average tune up for my c280 Mercedes Benz 2000. Because I just had the oil changed I have no check engine light on no light ate on but the srs one. I'm not worried bout that tight now,but my car kinda stalls at first when I push the gas I have to kinda do it slow then it catches up and kicks off after that it runs fast and great.what would u recommend plz help I love my car.thanks.

Hi there. Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a "tune-up" anymore. However, there is scheduled maintenance that has a list provided in the owner’s manual or on repair sites such as ALLDATA, MITCHELL, etc..... There should be a list of what is scheduled to be performed based on the current mileage and history of the vehicle. Customer service would be happy to assist you in determining what services should be currently performed. Please have the year, make, model, mileage, and vin number available. For your concern while driving, it sounds like there is a hesitation that could be caused by many things: clogged air filter, low fuel pressure, weak ignition coils, excessive valve float from weak springs, worn cam lobes, etc.... I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car hesitates during acceleration inspection.

Hi there:

A typical "tune-up" on a modern car is not as common as they used to be. In fact, due to the multiple electrical sensors and computer controlled components on most of today’s Mercedes-Benz, symptoms like you’re describing are more complex and often not solved by replacing spark plugs, fuel filters and other components included in a routine maintenance service. It’s best to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection so they can download any stored error or trouble codes that should indicate why your Mercedes C280 is experiencing the issues you’re describing.