Q: Car stopped while I was driving it; Check engine light is also on.

My car's "check engine light" is on. My car also stopped running after I had been driving for at least 15 minutes. The car did start running again instantly after I cranked it after it went off.

Have your computer checked to see if there is any pending or stored codes. This will lead you to a location on the engine for troubleshooting. There are many symptoms that can contribute to a stalling and no start condition when driving. The most common are the following:

Symptoms

Check all of the above areas for any issues with their functions and connectivity to the computer system. If you need further assistance with your engine stalling, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Car stopped while I was driving it; Check engine light is also on.