Q: Squeaky noise only when idle

Squeaky noise from car hood when idle but goes away while driving. Consulted mechanic advised that noise coming from transmission

A: Hi there. Usually a squealing noise coming ...

Hi there. Usually a squealing noise coming from the engine compartment during idle is an indication of a loose or worn out belt or pulley. However, it can also be a transmission issue if it's low on transmission fluid or there is a blockage inside the transmission lines. The best way to know for certain is to contact one of our local mechanics for a second opinion. Ask them to complete a vehicle is making a squealing noise inspection; which will permit them to test the vehicle, download any error codes and hopefully pinpoint the precise source of your Toyota Corolla's issues.