Q: Squeaky noise only when idle

asked by on November 07, 2016

Squeaky noise from car hood when idle but goes away while driving. Consulted mechanic advised that noise coming from transmission

Hi there. Usually a squealing noise coming from the engine compartment during idle is an indication of a loose or worn out belt or pulley. However, it can also be a transmission issue if it’s low on transmission fluid or there is a blockage inside the transmission lines. The best way to know for certain is to contact one of our local mechanics for a second opinion. Ask them to complete a vehicle is making a squealing noise inspection; which will permit them to test the vehicle, download any error codes and hopefully pinpoint the precise source of your Toyota Corolla’s issues.