I need the location of the cylinder head sensor to replac...

Q: I need the location of the cylinder head sensor to replace on my 2012 Ford Mustang because of my P1299 code

asked by on May 29, 2017

Hello! Recently my 2012 Ford Mustang has been overheating while I drive little than ten minutes in it. So, I took it to both AutoZone and Advanced Auto Parts and my error code read "P1299" and said I have a faulty cylinder head sensor/coolant sensor. I've already purchased the part need but now I need to know the location on my vehicle to replace it.

Hello. The P1299 code does not mean that you need the cylinder head temperature sensor. The sensor only detects temperature and will not affect how the engine is overheating. The fact that you are getting this code is because you have an overheating problem. The overheating needs to be repaired prior to anything else. I would not worry about replacing the sensor. If you need to have this diagnosed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why it is overheating] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-overheating-inspection