Q: Speedometer cluster lights malfunction

Some features of the speedometer cluster quit working and I need to fix them asap because I wouldn't be able to pass inspection. The lights that won't come on are the drive and parking indicator lights, while the D2 and D3, neutral and reverse lights function properly. How can this be fixed? What do I need to replace as it doesn't work only partially?

A: Hello. When this happens it usually means t...

Hello. When this happens it usually means that the bulbs for drive and park have burnt out and need to be replaced. In some cases the entire strip lights have to be replaced to fix the ones that have burnt out. In other cases, the only the lights that need to be replaced are the ones that have burnt out. The cluster will need to be taken out to determine how to replace the bulbs. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come diagnose the electrical issue and assist you with replacing the bulbs properly.